The Rule Of Honor

"Whoever appeals to the law against his fellow man is either a fool or a coward. Whoever cannot take care of himself without that law is both. For a wounded man shall say to his assailant, 'If I live, I will kill you. If I die, you are forgiven.' Such is the rule of honor."

Monday, January 4, 2010

Story Spinners: Option 3


As I regained consciousness, I remember asking Jack to take me home before things got out of hand. The day at the dog fights got that serious when a drunk challenged me. I have Jack to blame for my situation, but rather than playing the blame game, I decided that I needed to figure out the situation first. I was obviously in a dark alley where it seemed to be pouring rain. "Perfect timing, Mother Nature" I said under my breath.
Last thing I remember was headlights, possibly charging towards me. It had to be Jack's stubborn friend, he was always out to get me, but this seemed extreme. Then something caught my attention, a small door to my right was shaking. I opened it and entered a room with many doors. Many entrances leading to many opportunities.
My curiosity got the best of me eventually, leading me into a random door that led to a vestibule. It was lined with mirrors everywhere. I called out to see if anyone was there, no one answered. Turning my attention to the mirrors, I found it creepy to be looking at so many me's while in an eerie situation. I finally got to the end of the vestibule to notice another room, but rather than many doors, there was windows, and, to my surprise, my cell phone.
I checked the call log, nothing, messages, nothing, but the voicemail had something, something inaccessible. I then decided to call Jack and ask him what is going on. Cell phone service was obliterated, of course. I then continued my journey in this creepy house, considering that I forgot my way back out of there.
Many rooms and hallways later, I finally found my way out. I found the rest of my possessions on a table next to the exit. I found Jack at the corner, passed out. Then I realized, he was in the same situation as me, and we weren't getting out. I revived Jack and made sure that the alley we were in was safe.
Then I asked him, but it seemed that his guess was as good as mine, for the last thing he remembered was a pair of headlights. He had no idea where he was, who put him there (at first, he suspected me), or why we were there. All we both knew was that it had something to do with his brother.
Jack's family had a strong history of mental illness. Psychopathy, personality disorders, and inevitably, insanity. Jack was immune, he never got the mental illnesses promised through genetics. He always questioned this. Recently, his brother was released from the mental hospital, obviously, he was good at faking his emotions. It seemed like a cage set by this man, noting that every room I went into drove me crazy.
The only question left was why, none of us had done anything to the man, not that I could remember anyway. If Jack's brother had put us here, he had no reason other than vengeance towards his little brother, but that left a hole. I barely knew the guy, and yet he was always out to hurt me.
The questions would have to wait, we needed to get out of here. A building adjacent to the one I exited from collapsed, nearly smothering Jack. After making sure he was alright, the building I exited from imploded. Someone didn't want me to find Jack. Yet, in all of this, I never thought to just try and leave the alley, to my good fortune. After looking I saw that it was lined with electric fencing and on the outside, trip mines.
My clothes were soaked enough as is, so me and Jack entered a building that looked sturdy and dry enough. What we saw was horrific, and we knew immediately that this was the work of the crazy older brother. I still remember what he said when he found out that it was my fault he was in a mental hospital. Thinking harder about that last thought, I had it all figured out. He was after me because I helped lock him up.
I decided to explore the house, in a room was what seemed to be the key to my exit, I checked my phone. Phone service was perfect there. I listened to the voice mail, but all I heard were numbers. I realized too late that it was a countdown. With a heavy breath, Jack's brother counted down to my demise. With perfect timing, the roof collapsed in on me on his mark.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Personality test results-Mark Fierro

Personality Disorder Test Results
Paranoid |||||||||||||||||| 74%
Schizoid |||||||||||||||||||| 90%
Schizotypal |||||||||||||||| 70%
Antisocial |||||||||||||||| 70%
Borderline |||||||||||||||||| 78%
Histrionic |||||||||||||||| 70%
Narcissistic |||||| 22%
Avoidant |||||||||||||||| 70%
Dependent |||| 18%
Obsessive-Compulsive |||||||||| 34%
Take Free Personality Disorder Test
personality tests by similarminds.com